Finally, you have made up your mind to brew your beer it is a big leap? Don’t worry it is a right step. The high point is making your mind-blowing creation! We will look at the primary and move to the climax. According to Charlie Papazian relax, don’t worry and have your home brew.
In this article on how you could make your home beer, we will be looking at the basic steps of extracting and the necessary equipment you need to make this happen.
The big question is what is home brewing and what is extracting? You can prepare beer from malted grains. Malt extract is of malt grains. And malt extract can be bought in dry or liquid form (DME) while the liquid is (LMD). When it comes to brewing as one who wants to brew you need to utilize the extract to maximize time and efficiency.
The yeast is the life blood of the beer; the yeast consumes the sugar. The yeast operates like any other living creature when it eats it does produce a by-product which is CO2 and the alcohol. The sugar, malt sugar act as agent that makes up the chemical process while the yeast is eating
Some of the equipment you will need to take advantage of the course of producing your beer is as follows:
A primary fermenter that has a drilled and grommeted lid and 6.5 gallons of Ale Pail.
A bucket for bottling with a spigot, 6.5 gallons of Ale Pail.
• Easy Clean No-Rinse Cleanser
• transfer and Bottling Settings
• text for home brewing
• Bottle Brush
• Twin Lever Capper
• Liquid Crystal Thermometer
• Bucket Clip
You will need a 3.5-gallon cooking pot as well as a thermometer that is if you do not own one at home.
Instructions for how to make your beer:
1. The crushed grain is transferred from the package, and it goes to the muslin bag. In other for circulation to take effect tie the bag at one end and place it in one gallon of cold water, gradually bring the temperature to 160 degrees and keep the temperature at that point for ten minutes remove the grains then add gypsum if water is soft.
2. The malt extract should be added and stir to dissolve. Introduce heat and add the cluster hop, then allow to boil for 55 minutes after that add Hallertau selected hop and let it cook for another 5 minutes and discontinue the heat.
3. Insert the unfermented beer (wort) gradually into the fermentation container that has appreciated add cold water to total 5 gallons.
4. Allow the temperature to drop to 80 degrees, collect hydrometer reading and sprinkle yeast on top. Then fix the cover and the airlock to the fermenter and the temperature should be within 67-72 degrees.
5. The airlock will be active within the next 24 hours. The fermentation process will slow down at the end of the 7th day. At this stage, the clearing stage is said to be in progress. Transfer beer into a clean carboy, attach airlock, secure in a cool dark area for another seven days.
6. Before bottling you need to boil the priming sugar in one cup of water in a minute, introduce to the bottom of the bottling vessel, then transfer the beer into the bucket then take the final reading using your hydrometer while transferring into the bucket. Fill bottles allowing space at the top of the bottle before capping.
7. Store beer at 67–70 degrees for 7–10 days minimum.
You can agree with me that home brewing is not a cumbersome process. Step to add some distinctive flavor and colors. It requires you making the grain as a tea by adding your malt sugar into solution. You need to cook the hop; it is important you understand that hops have oil and requires that you boil it to extract the oil. Allow it to cool (wort). Then add it to the fermenter and then add the yeast. Within 7-14 days the yeast will be transformed the sugar to alcohol. Then you can now bottle the beer.
We looked at the basics of this work and we look at how you can brew your home beer. Notwithstanding there are many methods of brewing beer. As you continue, you will come to understand other systems and issues.